Thursday, August 28, 2008

Well, I did it again!

I said something totally stupid that could come back to haunt me, but if it does then maybe it is worth it. A bunch of guys here in Lusk get together once a year and have a drawing for fantasy football. It isn't complex it involves picking teams in college football and pro football and you get points if your selected team wins and you get points if your teams you selected to lose, lose. Anyways being a Syracuse fan usually can guarantee a few wisecracks from the people gathered there. Well someone said what would I do if Syracuse made it to a bowl game and without thinking I said ha! if they made it that far I wold walk from Lusk to Douglas,WY a distance of 55 miles. Well too many people heard me make that comment so if Syracuse makes it then I guess I have to do it. If they make it then that means SU football is getting better and that wouldn't be too bad but me and my big mouth. So to recap earlier you might have read that I said if the Yankees make the playoffs I would walk to Two Dot, MT. It is still mathematically possible for both scenarios to happen so pay attention the next couple of weeks.

We had U.S. Senator John Barrasso from Wyoming talk to our student body yesterday and it made me concerned about our young kids especially ones who are 18 and getting ready to vote for the first time. He started his discussion asking people who they were going to vote for and why they were and people got up and said, Barack Obama offers us choices, Or John McCain has the most experience. What gets me is that these kids have heard all of this rhetoric on TV and they are just spewing it out not even knowing what they are saying, and they are getting a say on yours and mine future. We need to get these youngsters more involved in the process and help them understand what issues are important and where exactly the candidates stand. Another part of the assembly that was interesting was a question he posed asking what would we do if we were president of the U.S. Some interesting answers but the one that made my jaw drop too the floor was when one girl said we need to stop drilling oil in Alaska and stop shipping it all to Iraq. Yup one of the 18 year old voters in this country. I so badly wanted to get up and say something but it was not my place. I guess in the end of all this political BS we just need to realize that we can't depend o our leaders. We must depend on God to protect us. All politicians are the same, windbags who refuse to conserve energy by shutting up.

In my final thought this assembly I was talking about earlier also brought up the idea of electric cars. I think this is a great idea. Use less gas and depend on electric instead. It sure would be nice to travel to my inlaws , a 20 mile trip, and not have to buy gas. The only thing I would get worried about is finding an extension cord that is 270 miles long and wouldn't get tangled if I took a curve too sharply or met another vehicle traveling the opposite way. I also can't imagine what it would cost for a 270 mile extension chord. I guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it. (OK I am not stupid I know you don't drive with the cord, just thought I would say it in case some of you thought I was serious)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can just hear you now: I'm sorry I can't come to your house my extension cord has a knot in it. I'm sorry the puppy chewed the end off my cord I can't come. The plug protectors my wife has to use for daycare won't come out and I can't plug my car in. And a hundred other excuses all related to the electric car.