Friday, August 8, 2008

Politics

OK I am starting to get weary of this campaign and there are 88 days to go! Personally I am a conservative who has voted mostly republican every election. This year I am torn because I don;t like either candidate. I especially am leery of Obama because he has turned from a like able guy to an arrogant jerk in just a few months. I love his answers telling how America isn't what it once was, and in other words what a bad country we are. I love his wife saying for the first time in her adult life she was proud of her country. As one radio personality said today these guys are trying to display that they are part of something they have never experienced. The Obama's I am quite sure are not living in poverty, are not struggling to put food on the table, are not struggling to put gas in their vehicles. But the thing that really irritates me about Obama is his latest statements about saving gas and conserving energy. He says that we could save 3-4% of our oil if we inflated tires properly and had tune ups on our cars. He is campaigning for the Presidency of The Unite States and all he can say for a sound bite is INFLATE OUR TIRES PROPERLY!!!!! What a crock of Shittake mushrooms. I would have respected him if continued to talk about alternative energy and things that liberals say will save the planet, but tires, doesn't he have anyone who could have told him not too say dumb things like this. Then when defending himself from people making fun of him he actually defends this by saying "experts" say this and the republicans take pride in being ignorant. It is true that inflating tires properly does help gas mileage but let's not make it out to be that our world will be saved by every American doing this.

If this is the direction our country is going in, I am going on record right now and opening a chain of stores spread all along the interstates of our country called OTP's (Obama's Tire Pressure) which a car can drive up and for 2.99 get a reading of the PSI in their tires. If they need more air it will be .10 a PSI either in the bad or good. I will also have roadside delivery for those who can recognize while travelling that they are not getting the extra mile per gallon. I will also develop a radar type reading machine that will be able to measure your tire pressure while travelling up to 100 miles per hour. This will aid the law enforcement in enforcing the rules of tire pressure which if Obama is elected will probably be one of his first acts as Commander in Chief. I am going to profit from this, and I can't wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Silly Mr. Davies.
Obama is at least talking about things that can make our country energy independent. McCain voted against ethanol, which only proves that he is not trying to make us energy independent as he has said, only oil independent. I respect your opinions, but on energy policy, Obama is the man for the job.