Saturday, August 9, 2008

Yard Sales, you can learn alot about a person from his yard sale.

Hello All

Today was a fun filled day of going to Yard Sales. This is a nice way of buying new toys for our son at very low prices except we paid 25.00 for this remote control fire truck, because our son is a firefighter nut who claims he will be a firefighter some day. Did I mention that he is deathly afraid of real fire so he has a ways to go.

To me the amazing thing about yard sales is the uhmm stuff that people put out there that they think actually will sell, for example; stained tupperware, old convenient store coffee mugs from the 1980's, underwear, (briefs whitey tightys), old exercise equipment, old gloves, knit hats, etc... Wouldn't it be nice if you cold pull up to a yard sale and see a nice 37" flat screen TV for a dollar, or a washer and dryer set, a pool table, a jacuzzi something useful other than an old 1980's coffee mug, "Gee Maude this looks like that cup I lost when I went to vote for Ronald Reagan in 84, give me a nickel I have to have it!" I think people should just take the above mentioned crap and throw it away immediately instead of spreading it out on tables or the lawn because you are going to have to pick it up later again! But then again I am not a professional Yard Saler.

On a sadder note today Bernie Mac died. He was a comedian who I really knew nothing about but I will always remember the day he died because when we were at a second hand store today, the radio was playing and the news came on and the announcer said, "BERNIE MAC IS DEAD", and said it with flair. He could have said, Bernie Mac died today due to complications from Pneumonia but he just came right to the point. Since Bernie Mac was a comedian I am sure he thought it was great. Well that is all to report thanks for tuning in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you love it when people are selling their old shower loofahs?