Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fisrt Day

Today was the first day of school for students and it was a nice day for me. I usually dread the first few day as a band director because there always surprises that come your way, like one kid moving or another kid dropping band but this year the only surprise I got were a few new kids in band. The first few weeks of band are not very pleasant to a directors ear. Of course all my kids practiced over the summer, but they sounded quite rusty for the first rehearsal, but... they sounded 800 times better than they did last year at the first rehearsal so if I can get over the first two weeks of listening to the likes of a car horn factory, then this will be a successful year. My choir sounded good to and my guitar classes have students who are complete beginners so this year I actually feel like I know more than they do since it is my second year teaching guitar. Tomorrow are my jazz groups so they should be entertaining this year.

Tonight is the last stand for the Yankees. They play a 3 game set with the Red Sox and frankly if they don't sweep I think you write this season off. I have to admit that they took care of business by sweeping the Orioles and finally are playing with a sense of urgency. In their defense they have had some bad injuries to pitchers this year. 60% of their original starting pitchers have been injured for a long period of time. If they were even to make it into the playoffs this year would prove to me that Babe Ruth does have some influence with God.

GIRLS TURN SIX MONTHS TODAY!!! hard to believe that is was six months ago, sometimes when I think about it the time flew by and sometimes I think wow this has been a long six months. The girls are doing great growing like weeds. They sleep through the night and both eat great. We definitely have been blessed and look forward to more blessings.

Finally the Buffalo Argonauts selected Marion Barber Running back, Dallas Cowboys as it's first pick in the Yahoo Fantasy Football league LEAGUE OF CHAMPIONS. I didn't think I drafted a strong team but I drafted a consistent quality team. Can't believe I stayed up for four hours doing the live draft. I guess I won't grow up at certain times. So root for the Buffalo Argonauts this year and be supportive of your Buffalo Argonauts. Go team!

No comments: