Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's Over

As I sit here tonight with the thought that I am contractually obligated to attend school inservice tomorrow, I have come to the realization that it is over. No more fun, no more optimism, no more excitement, of course I am talking about the New York Yankees baseball season. Somehow they are 11 games out of first place and 6.5 games out of the wild card. For the last three years I have been telling my wife that this is it for the Yankees, this is the year they don't make the playoffs. Well this year it is going to happen. If they actually make the playoffs, I will walk from Lusk Wyoming to Two Dot, Montana. It has been amazing what the Yankees have been able to do since I began teaching. When I was student teaching in West Yellowstone, MT in 1995 was the year the Yankees made the playoffs for the first time in many years. They lost to the Mariners in a thrilling series. After that they have been in the playoffs every year I have been teaching. So now what will I do with the time I have because frankly, I will not watch baseball unless the Yankees are playing, I find it boring. I know I actually said that. I must be getting old because I no longer like to watch NFL football as much as I did when I was younger. But I still have the weakness for Syracuse basketball.

I wanted to update you on my inflating tires situation. As you know Obama has informed the country that if we all inflated our tires we would get better gas mileage and would make up the difference in the new oil we are about to drill. Well I inflated my tires and I am proud to say I have averaged about .23467 more miles per gallon, which has saved me approximately 16 cents. So the saving keep racking up. Pretty soon I can afford that operation I have been saving up for.
I was very happy to see Republican California Governor Arnold Swartzenager (SP) get on board with this and tell people this. I feel like going out side and singing America The Beautiful since I am such a great citizen.

I do have to go back to school tomorrow thus ending my summer vacation. I am going to be sad that I am not going to get to spend as much time with Iris, Derek and the Girls but I am also excited to get back to school and start a new year. This year is going to be a much better year for me personally that last year. Last year I had these things going on. I moved to a new town, I tried to buy a house only to have the deal fall through at the last second because of a water leak that was not disclosed, my wife was pregnant with twins!, She was put on bed rest, we began the process of buying another house, this house was a mobile home on a huge lot so finding financing became more difficult because it was a mobile home, I had a tooth pulled, I had a new job, we finally got a loan for the new house, we moved on the coldest day of the year, my wife was on bed rest and my mother in law and mom came to help Iris out, The twins were born in Rapid City,SD on Feb. 26, 2008, They were taken to the NICU because they had some lazy breathing habits which is normal for premature kids, 10 days later my mom died in our house, I flew to NY for a funeral, and the last few months started to get normalized. I am finding it hard to believe I will have that much stuff going on in my life this year. Even with all of that going on I had a successful year with the music department, so I am definitely looking towards a better year this year, but I will miss being with my family. Ok enough whining, I Will survive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wanted: baseball players who do not chew bubblegum, who can catch the ball when hit to them, who can hit a ground ball to deep short with a runner on third and less than 2 outs, and who can find their heads without having to itch their nose and their ass at the same time because they are found in the same part of the body. If you meet any or all of the qualifications and you have a heart, please apply at e161st st. in the bronx ny. EEOC.

Anonymous said...

We don't care about teams from the otherside of the country around these parts and the sooner you figure it out the sooner I get my daughter to quit beating up your son. Go Rockies!

Anonymous said...

Hey would you add a link to Iris' blog on here? I heard she had one and I'm sure it's much more interesting than yours. At least for the women. Just kidding. Kinda.